Book Review - The Pacemaker


This one was a 4 star read for me.

The story was unique and interesting. It is about Minerva, a woman who can not remember her past and wins a scholarship to a prestigious university. There was a lot of mystery surrounding Minerva. I didn't expect the ending to be what it was. I felt that the characters are thoroughly developed, yet I found myself confused surrounding the city itself on specific points. I finally figured it out by the end of the book that the city is technologically advanced and secluded away.


Even though I enjoyed the story, I feel that it jumped thoughts of characters too much. In that regard, I think it could use a re-edit to allow the book to flow more smoothly, especially when changing points of view. There were a few other mistakes regarding misplaced words or incomplete thoughts. Even if I had to re-read certain parts, I still look forward to reading the next installment.

Overall it is still worth reading for the story.


Comments