Accidents Happen

I realized it has been a while since my last post. I have been a little preoccupied with the holidays upcoming.

On a side note, I had a very terrifying experience last week. My fiance and I were heading to his parents when we got into an accident. I was driving at the time. I can honestly say that my nerves were shot. I didn't know what to do when we started sliding. We hit the guidelines and ended up in the ditch. Thankfully, neither of us was injured. I had never been in an accident myself before. It made me think a lot about different things afterwards. I became more thankful for the things I do have.

I've heard the familiar phrase "Accidents happen" but I never thought it would happen to me. My fiance refers to this as a "margin of error". It had me thinking, maybe he had a point. We all make mistakes in life. No one is perfect and we all have that "margin of error" in our lives. I thought back to spelling mistakes or grammar errors I have made. Even though I know the aspects of writing, I often will always miss at least one mistake. It just becomes inevitable in the end.

The accident was a "margin of error" on my part. I misjudged the road and became too confident in my driving. I wasn't speeding when I hit the ice/slush on the side of the road, yet I made the mistake of trying to brake, causing me to slide worse. Even though I knew I shouldn't brake hard while sliding, it was almost an instant reaction. I just wanted to stop the vehicle. Everything happened so fast after the initial hit, and by that point, we were being dragged right further into the snow.

I am just thankful now that neither of us were hurt physically. The only thing left damaged may possibly be my pride for a little while - okay a little damage to our truck too. However, I don't think I will be bragging to my fiance anytime soon that I am the better driver. It is nice though to have him still have faith in me after the accident. Knowing it is winter, I should have paid better attention to the road conditions, but like people say "Accidents Happen".

Be thankful for the things you have and the people around you.

Merry Christmas to Everyone
Margaret Todd

Note: I will be pretty busy throughout the coming weeks. I will try to post when I can.
 

Comments