Reasons Why I Became a Writer


  I have had a few people ask me why I chose to become a writer. For me, the answer is quite simple. I enjoy reading and writing. I enjoy telling stories. I got tired of being stuck in a job that got me nowhere.

  I spent a lot of time debating whether I would take the plunge into writing. I want to share my character's stories with a broader audience. I did not do it for the money. I did it for my own state of mind.

  When I look back now, I realize just how miserable I had been. The company I was working for didn't appreciate the hard work and effort I put in. I worked as hard as I could, yet, the company never cared. I realized that I was just replaceable to them, no matter how hard I worked.

  I spent a long time working myself beyond my physical and mental limits. It took a breakdown and pre cervical cancer before I finally stopped and asked myself, Why am I doing this. 

  The time I spent away on sick leave from work made me have a deeper appreciation for other things. I am not perfect, but I do know my strengths and weaknesses. I came to a conclusion once I was feeling better that I wanted to be happy in what I chose to do. 
  When I was younger, I wrote a lot, and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed taking pictures and designing art. I enjoyed being in nature, surrounded by wildlife. I still enjoy those things now too. I just lost appreciation for what was in front of me. 

  I am taking the time to enjoy those things now. I may still work elsewhere in the future, but for now, I am doing what I love. I would never again work for a company though that didn't appreciate the hardworking employees. 

Comments