Marketing: Expectations vs. Reality

Everywhere we look, some sort of marketing can be seen. Some people will spend all of their marketing budgets before taking the time to review all the facts. There are so many myths that we believe when it comes to marketing. Some companies will often claim that you will have a higher return if you invest with them. After some time, you realize that the results are not what you expected. In reality, there is a finer print that we need to look at. First, let's look at the bigger picture here. I am not saying not to use a marketing company, just be sure to consider all options first. The truth is that not everyone can become a successful marketer. When looking into using a company, make sure you look closely at what they claim. In all reality, you are looking at a successful turnaround closer to a year. This would be when you notice your biggest results. I see a lot of companies claim to have turnarounds closer to 3 months. The truth is you should try to strategize a strategy with results between 12-18 months. Using a company can get you sooner results, yet you shouldn't rely solely on that. Second, it is about what your audience wants, not what you are telling them. You should do some research into what your audience would want to know. Think about what encouraged you to purchase one thing over another. You asked questions, right? Of course, you did. You wanted to know the ins-and-outs of that item. You were drawn to it for a reason. The goal is to stand out and give people what they want. If it is boring and dull people will look past it. Yet if it is too flamboyant and gives away every detail, there is no need to buy it. Find a happy medium while still maintaining an air of mystery around it. Third, marketing is always changing. To be successful you need to constantly change. Some people will respond better to one thing than others. Change up your marketing strategies to draw people in. Watch to see what works well, and what doesn't. Be sure to stand out and do things your way. On a final thought, I am more successful at marketing for other people. I do my own marketing as well, but I find it is much harder. Some people though might find it easier to market their own material. Personally, I am my biggest critic. I have a hard time envisioning my own marketing strategy. Sometimes it helps me to have a fresh eye, and that is where my fiance steps in. I can be the more flamboyant type, where he is more subtle. Together I find we can find a happy medium. When I am promoting other's material it is easier for me to separate my mind to envision a creation for them. Everyone is different, so just remember to do it your way. Google has a lot of resources available regarding tips and strategies. Do some research before just jumping in. Have an awesome day, M.Todd

Comments